Welcome to our new web site! We're the same company with a different home and look. Our store is now live on this site!
Why teach grammar at all?
When a student understands grammar and the patterns in language, he or she is more able to comprehend any type of communication.
In addition, understanding grammar enables a student to write and speak more effectively.
How do we learn?
Scientists have been able to isolate factors that influence learning and memory retention. Applied Grammar uses these scientific principles to teach students more effectively.
You can learn more about this here.
A new way to teach grammar
Discover a new way to teach grammar. Developed by a 15-year veteran teacher, Mrs. Brubaker's Writing Program teaches students through categorization and problem-solving, not memorization.
- Students learn language patterns through the use of color (color-blind sensitive).
- Students learn the uses of different word types.
- Students utilize high-order thinking skills.
- Assessment of progress is easy.
- Gets students excited about learning English!
Perfect for Home-Schoolers!
- Gives your child a solid foundation in English and Grammar.
- Is adaptable to any grade level.
- Can easily be used by the whole family.
Useful in Any Classroom
- Can be used on its own, or integrated into an existing required curriculum.
- Allows for immediate feedback.
- Is excellent for learning support, ESL, and gifted students.
- Promotes a high level of class involvement.
- Is skill level based. Grade levels are targets, and materials should be chosen according to the ability of the student.